Friday, May 31, 2013

May 28 or 29 2013

Third week being sick. I'm getting antsy, and I don't want to miss any more school- with a few weeks left till summer, I can't afford to. I think I have it backwards: instead of getting better, then going to school, I keep trying to go to school, then get better. It's not just me being sick right now, that's how I've always been when I've had a choice between health and school. I think I'm slightly a 
work-a-holic, which is weird, cause I don't have a job.

I just had breakfast and a Tiger's Milk Bar, which is my favorite health bar (I even like it better than candy, that being interesting because I typically love candy). Tiger's Milk Bars are a really good source of energy and nutrition, especially if you're hiking or doing something else that requires a lot of energy, and they are really satisfying-which is also very good if you're hiking, or in a survival situation, or whatever. So I looked at the label for ingredients, and I found it funny and weird that the first ingredient in a health bar is high fructose corn syrup, and the third ingredient is corn syrup. "Well, so much for being healthy."

"Ingredients: High fructose corn syrup, peanut butter (roasted peanuts, salt), corn syrup, carob coating [sugar, palm kernel and palm oil, carob powder, whey powder, milk, nonfat dry milk, soy lecithin (as an emulsifier), salt, natural flavor], soy protein isolate, peanut flour, nonfat dry milk, brown sugar, rice flour, contains less than 2% of calcium caseinate, calcium phosphate, magnesium phosphate, dextrose, natural flavors, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), ferrous fumarate, vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), niacinamide, calcium d-pantothenate, vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), copper gluconate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, and biotin.

CONTAINS MILK, PEANUTS and SOY."

No comments:

Post a Comment