Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ever done something that was scary, but afterward you felt so proud of yourself for doing the right thing? Well, that happened to me on Tuesday. In Spanish 2, a girl named Makiah came and sat over by her friends, which was in the same row as me. She was talking to them, and all of the sudden she said to them, "You little" and then she said the "C" word. And she said that jokingly. Joking or not, that's not okay. And so I told her not to say that. She got this sweet, soft, condensending tone and said "I'm 17, I can say whatever I want," and then she said something about "freedom of speech". "That's not what that means," I said in a calm voice. Then she said something, and I told her that maybe she should take a Government class. She said something else, and I said, "it's not my fault you have an attitude problem," still calm. Anyway, I did what was right, and after class, I told the teacher.

So last night, I had a dream that she totally bullied me, and there was nothing anyone could do. First she called me the evil nickname I had in 6th grade when I was bullied. I stood up, threw my pencil and said in a loud, warning voice, "Don't EVER call me that again". When the teacher took us out in the hall, she pinched me so hard I bled, and then it scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment